Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Backyard BBQ Pit #2 - Guess Road, Durham

Friday night I got take-out from Backyard BBQ Pit #2. While this restaurant is not my idea of a great place to dine-in, the take out was GREAT! They have an extensive selection, the food was hot, good and extremely reasonably priced.

We got 2 small BBQ plates which come with 2 sides and hushpuppies. Between the two plates we had well over a pound of barbeque, homemade baked mac and cheese, homemade collards (not from a can), black eyed peas and green beans. All of the sides were fantastic. The mac and cheese was amongst the best I've had out in the area. It was filled with gobs of cheddar, no slimy velveeta sauce. The portions of barbeque were huge and more then we could finish. My husband wasn't wild about the sweeter sauce that came on the side (he prefers vinegary), but I thought it was great on the 'que.

All of this for $12 made one of our cheapest "date nights" on the couch ever.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Melanie Busbee said...

The mac n cheese was HEAVEN! I found the customer service particularly wonderful as well. Hubby and I did take out as you suggested.
I was absolutely pleased with everything, even the BBQ sauce, which was on the sweeter, tomato-based side. If I had to complain I would say that the meat was on the salty side. But SOOOOOOO worth it.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs