Monday, August 4, 2008

Garlic mashed cauliflower

I combined and altered various recipes so this is what I came up with. I have to admit, I had my doubts about mashed cauliflower, but I devoured every bit of it. I finally finished it off last night. It was great!

Garlic
mashed cauliflower
Makes 4 large sides
Ingredients:
1/2 head of cauliflower broken into 2 inch florets

1 tbsp butter

1/2 cup cottage cheese

1/4 cup light cream cheese

1/2 tsp garlic powder

salt and pepper to taste


Directions:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and return to a boil. Continue boiling over medium heat for 20 minutes. Drain cauliflower in a colander. Using a bowl, press down on cauliflower to squeeze out excess water. Mix up and press again. Pour cauliflower and all remaining ingredients in food processor and puree until you get your desired texture. Salt and pepper to taste. I really was shocked at how much this resembled mashed potatoes in flavor!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Reeni said...

I love cauliflower, this looks really delicious!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs