Monday, July 14, 2008

Tabbouleh

This weekend I finally attempted tabbouleh! I adapted from Bob's Red Mill package instructions. This is the finished platter we shared for lunch (hummus recipe here). It was really tasty!

My first tabbouleh
Makes an ungodly amount (we're talking party size)
Ingredients:
2 cups bulgur wheat
3 cups of curly parsley
1/4 cup mint
1/4 cup minced onion
2 medium tomatoes seeded and diced
1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
3 tbsp lemon juice (again the plastic lemon is what I had on hand)
4 tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp ground cumin powder
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp salt

Instructions:
Presoak the bulgur for 60 minutes in 2 cups of HOT water. Pulse parsley and mint in food processer until finely chopped. Drain out any excess water from bulgur and combine all ingredients in large bowl. Chill at least 20 minutes prior to serving.I ate this for lunch the next day and it was fabulous. It gets tastier with age!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Melanie Busbee said...

This plate looks fantabulous!

Jeni said...

Thank you, it was wonderful. That sesame pita bread is sinful!

Mansi said...

bulgur is so under-rated! this plate looks fab! I'd love to have you send in this recipe for my healthy cooking event!:)

Michelle Chun LeRoy said...

This is a great recipe so versatile too...I use Italian parsley and fresh mint. and feta for a twist. Thank you for reminding me to make this!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs