Thursday, August 21, 2008

Deviled eggs - Recipe

I found the piece of paper this morning so as promised, here's the recipe!

Deviled Eggs

Makes 12 deviled eggs

Ingredients:

6 eggs
1 minced green onion
2 tb mayo (I use light)
1 1/2 tsp dijon mustard

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1 tb sour cream
(you could sub mayo out for this, my hubby just isn't a fan of mayo so I reduced the amount I was using)
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Bring a small pot of water (enough to completely cover eggs) to a boil. Gently lower eggs in and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 12 minutes. Remove eggs and run under cold water to halt the cooking process.

Once cool enough to handle, crack and peel the eggs. I tap them on the cutting board and then gently roll them over the board with the palm of my hand to loosen the shell. Rinse the eggs to get rid of any little shell pieces.


Cut eggs in half lengthwise and using your hands, gently pop the yolks into a mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients and mash and mix with a fork until smooth. Pipe or spoon back into each of the egg halves. Sprinkle with paprika to garnish if desired.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

teg said...

This is an EHP favorite...HA!...Judy Crenshaw used to bring them, now it will be up to you...

Jeni said...

Okay no you see this recipe here...now all of you can make them! HA!

I miss Judy's wonderful food and witty personality :)

Thistlemoon said...

Yum! I love deviled eggs! :)

Unknown said...

We were invited to dinner at a coworker's tonight. I was so inspired by your post that I went out and bought a dozen eggs today and made 24 halves while coaching the kids through homework. I even took the time to pipe the filling with a star tip (the pickle didn't clog this time) and use paprika.
I show up with a beautiful tray of chilled deviled eggs and the hostess says, "Oh. Um, we're not big on eggs."
At least my family enjoyed them. :)

Jeni said...

Well I applaud your efforts and I'm glad your family got them all to themselves. Perhaps the hostess felt upstaged by the beautifully piped and paprika dusted morsels? How can someone in the south claim, "we're not big on eggs"? It's almost like, "we're not into barbeque". hahaha okay so maybe I'm a little defensive...I'm just saying...

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs