Friday, February 20, 2009

Pork chops with olive artichoke tapenade

This concoction was made up from searching my pantry and fridge last night. I didn't have time to marinate the chops and I didn't feel like baking them. This turned out fantastic and was super easy and quick. The chops were moist and I loved the combination of the buttery tapenade with the natural flavor of the pork. Of course, you have to like olives and artichokes...Pork chops with Olive Artichoke Tapenade
Makes 4 servings
Ingredients:
6 quarters of marinated artichoke hearts (about 1/2 cup)
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice (I use the bottled stuff)
1/2 cup pitted black olives

4 boneless pork chops
kosher salt
crushed black pepper

Directions:
Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor and chop. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Heat a grill pan or frying pan over medium-high–high heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper liberally over both sides of the chops. Place in hot pan and cook 3–4 minutes, flip and cook 3–4 minutes on other side. Remove from heat and allow to sit at least 5 minutes before slicing against the grain and covering with the tapenade. Enjoy!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

MyLastBite said...

looks delicious!

Dewi said...

Jeni, I can tell this is very delicious and simple. I like simple dish like this one. And tapenade is always delicious with anything, especially with pork chop.
Cheers,
Elra

Heather said...

ahhhhh. just the word tapenade makes me drool! i love the artichokes in there! this sounds so, so delicious!

Malena said...

Hi! I just saw your recipe over on Tastespotting!!! That is so cool! I don't know how to take a photo of the website but if you log on soon you'll still be on the 1st page! :)

Jeni said...

Thanks, I'm always tickled when I make it onto tastespotting and foodgawker. I submit my posts I think might make it. Here's my page of ones that have:
http://www.tastespotting.com/profile/jeni

It's a great way to "meet" new people and pick up new readers!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs