Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Best damn turkey meatloaf

I've decided to share my beloved meatloaf with you folks. It's only cause I like you and I feel guilty for not blogging much these days. I prepared this Sunday and just tossed it in the oven last night for 55 minutes and it was delightful.
Jeni's Best Turkey Meatloaf
Makes a 9 inch loaf (about 5 servings)
Ingredients:
20 ounces lean ground turkey (breast)
2 eggs
3/4 cup breadcrumbs (I use store bought dried stuff)
1/4 cup ketchup
3 tb ketchup (for topping)
5 large white button mushrooms, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tb oil
1 tsp ground sage
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt, divided
dash of black pepper
handful of parsley, chopped

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Heat oil in large pan over medium heat. Saute mushrooms and onions (sprinkled with 1/2 tsp salt) for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Combine all remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except the 3 tb ketchup. Add mushrooms and onions. Knead ingredients with hands until everything is mixed evenly. Dump into a nonstick 9 inch loaf pan and form a loaf with a rounded top. Top with remaining ketchup and bake for 55 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes before cutting.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've never even considered putting mushrooms in meatloaf... sounds great! :)

Betty's Cuisine said...

This looks great...I'm sure it tastes so too!

Lauren said...

thats a beautiful meatloaf! I love when it has mushrooms in it too.

Chef Fresco said...

I haven't had meatloaf in forever! I like your turkey version w. mushrooms!

Malena said...

I always have ground turkey in my fridge so I'll definitely try this recipe! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait for Lily to be big enough to taste all your yummy foods!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs