Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pork tenderloin

You know what's better then a yummy dinner? Well a lot of things I suppose, but I'm particularly thrilled to have leftovers from last night's dinner for lunch today. I can't wait!

I rubbed a pork tenderloin with ground sage, garlic powder, salt, pepper and a little chili powder. I seared the sides for about 2 minutes a side on med-high heat in a pan and transfered to a baking dish. I baked along side a dish of swiss chard (same recipe I used before)at 375 for about 35 minutes.


Meanwhile I boiled about a half cup of balsamic vinegar and 2tbs of butter, couple of tbs of heavy cream, salt and cracked pepper until it reduced to less then half.

I sliced the tenderloin into 3/4 inch medallions and served on top of the swiss chard with the balsamic glaze. I also steamed some fresh sugar snap peas from the farmer's market and served it all with leftover orzo salad from the night before.

The result:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Malena said...

Awesome! I have a tenderloin in the fridge and I wasn't sure how to prepare it, I always end up doing the same old ways, and although yummy, I just get BORED!
Hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!!!

Jeni said...

Excellent. I find searing makes for an extra juicy tenderloin, oh and allow to sit for 5 minutes before cutting!

Bend, OR said...

Great looking tenderloin recipe, and the orzo's a perfect compliment. I've traditionally done them on the BBQ, but the "sear, then bake" method has become my favorite as well.

Try a marinade of olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and sprinkle of lemon zest. Always a crowd pleaser.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs