Thursday, June 18, 2009

Best meal?

What's the best meal you've had this week?

Mine was from last night. Yes, I actually cooked! I sauteed some spinach and shallots and set them aside. Then I sauteed some thinly sliced chicken breasts (just salted and peppered), threw fresh cream, basic and crushed garlic in with them and let it reduce down a little. I piled the chicken on top of the spinach and poured the basil cream sauce over it all. Them I steamed some fresh haricot verts from the farmer's market and sauteed them with more shallots and a little lemon juice and garlic.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm coming to your house! lol
It's summertime, so the best meal we've thrown together was ravioli and a salad of baby greens with mandarin oranges on top. :)

Melissa said...

As you know, you had me at "spinach." Though the phrase "basil cream" doesn't hurt either.

Best thing I made was last night, when I made an entire very tasty dinner with no recipes. Woohoo!

Jeni said...

I LOVE ravioli and tortellini. I always feel super guilty about eating it though because somehow I've gotten into my head that it's so much more fattening then non-cheese filled pasta. Really, it's not though.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs