Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Black bean soup - a non-recipe

Yesterday I slow cooked black bean soup. I soaked the beans (a 1 lb bag) overnight. I drained and poured them into my new gigantic crock pot. Then I chopped up an onion and about 2 carrots and added them to the pot. I added 7 cubes of chicken boullion, a tbsp of ground cumin, and about 8 cups of water. I cooked it on low for 8 hours and then added a tbsp of garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and cooked on high for another hour. Sorry there are no photos and I didn't document exact amounts, but these spices were right and the beans were cooked perfectly!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I LOOOOVE black bean soup. I follow a recipe, but really should try my own and wing it like you did. I'm sure it was great.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs