Monday, May 5, 2008

Farmer's Market

Saturday morning I went to the Durham Farmer's Market. It was quite crowded so I didn't stay long. I found it a bit difficult trying to weave my way through the masses of dog leashes and strollers. I did finally get to stop by the Durham Craft Market across the street. I purchased a lovely new market bag from Megrnc. This depleted my normal $20 budget, but I still managed to get a few veggies and 2 southwestern corn empanadas from Angel's Nest Bakery. I had to circle around several times because they always had a long line. We ate these for lunch with a side salad and they very very tasty. The ingredients seemed very fresh and were perfectly seasoned. The only negative was that I thought the filling was a bit skimpy for the price. I'd say maybe a half a cup of corn and beans per empanada at a price of $3.25 a piece.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs