Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Deviled eggs - illiterate style

Okay so the truth is that I made deviled eggs on Saturday. I had 6 eggs I needed to use up fast and I hadn't yet made deviled eggs for the hubby. I wrote down everything as I went along (I rarely use recipes) and I photographed the process so I could share my recipe with you, as I often do. I've forgotten to grab it each day and finally misplaced the little piece of paper today. A pictorial will have to suffice. The ingredients were:
eggs
dijon mustard
light mayo
light sour cream
garlic powder
green onions
paprika
salt and pepper


Deviled eggs are one of the easiest things in the world to make, but for some reason when you make them and bring them somewhere, people go nuts like they're a precious gem. Go ahead and try it if you don't believe me. If and when I ever find my quantities, I'll be sure to share them with you. Until then, have a look...

Update: I found my wonderful little notes and have posted the recipe here.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Stacey Snacks said...

Jen,

I made egg salad today for lunch, which I haven't made in ages!
It was so delish!
My recipe is similar to your deviled eggs, minus the garlic powder & sour cream.

Great minds think alike!

Stacey

Valerie at We Love Durham said...

I made egg salad for dinner. It's Egg Salad Day!

I love the egg-boiling photo. All of them are great. You used a little cake decorating tip for the eggs, didn't you? I usually just mash them in, but then nobody goes nuts over them. Maybe that is the touch that does it.

Jeni said...

It must have been something in the air! Yes I did use the cake decorating tip, but only because I knew I was photographing them hahahaha.

Kim said...

I love the pic of the eggs boiling. I couldn't figure it out, till I scrolled to the next few pics :)

Reeni said...

Your so right, you can't go wrong with deviled eggs. Your gorgeous pictures have worked up a craving for eggs! YUM!

Unknown said...

Actually, I have - just once - eaten miserable deviled eggs. Someone substituted dill relish instead of the regular (sweet?) kind, and substituted sea salt (which apparently doesn't measure spoon for spoon) and went a little heavy on it, even. They were beautiful but inedible.

I think the pickle is why mine always turn out ugly. I've tried piping them, but the pickle clogs my star tip.

Must try the onion version.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs