Friday, August 1, 2008

Photo of the Day - A new you

So I ended up going to Wavelengths on Ninth street in Durham last night. Whitney cut my hair. I loved the vibe of this place and that they played nothing but 80's music the entire time I was in there. She took her time, made sure she understood what I wanted and offered insight. I don't think I've had a more pleasant hair appointment. The best part is that it's only 5 minutes or so from home. Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and to Melanie and Valerie for wavelengths!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

Valerie at We Love Durham said...

Oh, very nice--love it!

Melanie Busbee said...

Yes, Jeni, that is a very good look for you.

Jeni said...

Thanks. First day after a cut is always the best LOL!

Malena said...

Aww! You're beautiful!

Jeni said...

That's very kind of you. Thank you :)

Anonymous said...

I've heard Wavelenghts is expensive...may I ask how much your (very pretty) cut was?

Jeni said...

Thanks. Well my cut, wash, dry and style was $45. Pretty steep. I spent a lot of years getting $12 haircuts and was never happy. My hair is flat by nature and the few times supercuts or raffles tried the layering thing, I ended up with razored, damaged hair.

I've found over the last 3 years or so that even though it's really hard to fork over $50 for a haircut, I am always thrilled with it and usually don't need it cut again for quite awhile (except the bangs and bang trims are cheap). To each his own I suppose and if I kept a short style, I'm sure I'd be more prone to going elsewhere because of the frequency :)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs