Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Banana Nut Bread

I finally fulfilled my craving for banana bread last night. It's really hard to feel guilty about something that's actually pretty good nutritionally like banana bread. I love making it because it has so few ingredients and is really hard to mess up. This is my go-to recipe that I adapted from a recipe over at allrecipes.Banana Nut Bread
Makes a 9x5 loaf
Ingredients:
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c softened butter
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
4 large overripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used walnuts)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, salt and nuts. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar and then stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Dump banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Do not over stir. Pour the batter into prepared loaf pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing. I like to eat a slice slathered with some butter. It's the perfect compliment of saltiness to the sweet bananas!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

Melanie Busbee said...

This looks so good, even though I don't like bananas!

Heather said...

i love banana bread! this look so tasty :) i'll bet you + baby loved it :)

Betty's Cuisine said...

I only recently made some banana bread and it was really delicious! I added some chocolate drops as well together with the walnuts...Perfect!!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs