Thursday, October 16, 2008

The unexpected

Last night I watched a bad chick flick, Made of Honor, with a gal pal of mine. It had it's funny moments I suppose, but really it was pretty bad, way predictable. Well the saving grace from this movie came as an unexpected surprise.

About halfway through the movie, I recognized the waiter in one of the scenes, as a classmate from my high-school drama class. I squealed and yelled and my poor friend was beside herself. I quickly paused the movie and pulled out my photo album. I treated my friend to photos of him, myself and others from our high-school production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.

I knew he was out in LA doing the acting gig with another one of my drama classmates. It's been a treat for me to watch the careers of my fellow thespians flourish. Though he's going by a different first name, I quickly recognized him and confirmed by watching the credits. I'm so proud of you Brian, Fred and Joyanna. It's a treat to see you on the big screen, especially when I'm not expecting it!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

teg said...

That is so cool! My old roommate from college is Susan Lucci's daughter and she's on Passions - has been for years now. I don't watch soaps, but every now and again I'll put it on to see her!

Heather said...

wow! that is so cool :)

Jeni said...

I know, I was completely caught off guard!!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs