Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Vita again, in retrospect

Yesterday my angry post was fueled by a nasty headache and memories of frustrated hunger. Though I was extremely disappointed with my last experience at Vita, I do have to admit that I didn't comment on the food, our table placement or the fire alarm while I was there and therefore I didn't give them a fair opportunity to correct where I felt we were wronged.

In retrospect, I do feel a bit at fault for that. I think I was just really disappointed, not because I wanted a free meal, because I expect certain types of restaurants to handle the unexpected with the customer in mind. This wasn't the case during my visit. Now, if you look on my previous post, you'll see that Chef Yianni took the time to post a comment on my experience. I'm a little humbled by the gesture (and the offer of a free meal) and I really appreciate the time he took to express his concern. Thanks Yianni. We won't swear Vita off. Everyone has a bad day once in awhile.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Stephen said...

I stand by your critique. While it is admirable that he offered to right his wrong, I am reminded of what my mother once told me: You only get one shot to make a first impression. Mad props to Yianni for biting the bullet on this one, here's hoping the second shot means he gets a favorable review from this, the most important blog in Durham. :)

teg said...

Look how famous you are! Even people you criticize are checking out your blog. Kudos to you my lovely! That is awesome. :)

Aolani said...

lol.... look @ u shakin the apple tree! I read that first post and though they should have done more too.

Jeni said...

*blushes*

Thank you for your support everyone :)

My other experiences at Vita have been pretty good. I wont let this one spoil it for me!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs