Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Breakfast for dinner

Last night we had breakfast for dinner. I'm still in "use up everything in the refrigerator mode" and we had a dozen eggs that hadn't been touched. I love eggs benedict. The husband is not a fan of a runny egg. We also had no english muffins. I seared some canadian bacon and frozen asparagus in my grill pan over med-high heat. Then I fried 4 eggs. I made hollandaise from a knorr sauce mix. Dinner was quick and easy, but I made a mess I'm told. And to round out breakfast, I took some frozen berries and layered with fresh whipped cream. Delightful!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Malena said...

Yummy! I LOVE Hollandaise and Bernaise sauces, I could eat them every day on anything. :)
I made a yummy raspberry, pear, pecan over spinach and baby greens yesterday. Topped with globs of creamy goats cheese and sweet raspberry vinaigrette! I don't think the calories count if you put fruit in your salad, just like your dessert! lol

Jeni said...

You are absolutely right. Also goat cheese calories shouldn't count since goats are pretty slim animals :)

MamaMin said...

We love breakfast for dinner at our house - Kiddo has named it "Breakner". Although we usually don't have anything that looks nearly so good!

Jeni said...

Breakner? How cute! God breakfast food is good, but usually seems hard to incorporate much in the way of veggies and low starch. I love pancakes, waffles, french toast, homefries, but if I ate them daily I'd be the size of a house!

JMom said...

I actually like breakfast at dinner than at breakfast :)

beautiful plate!

~JMom

Unknown said...

Everyone knows that breakfast at dinner time is known as "Brinner". It tastes exactly like it sounds – Delicious!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs