Monday, July 21, 2008

Raspberry crepes - the easiest way possible

Yes I cheated. I bought pre-made crepes (from Melissa's). I used about 1/4 cup of raspberry preserves, and simmered with about 2 tbsp or orange juice and1/2 tsp of vanilla extract until smooth. Then I removed from the heat and stirred in a small container of fresh raspberries. I did use real heavy whipping cream (though the kitchenaid did all the work). And our fancy looking breakfast was on the table in 5 minutes. Oh and a sprinkling of powdered sugar topped it all off.

I will say that making your own crepes can not be substituted with these by a long shot, but for a super-fast meal, this beat the heck out of a bowl of cereal.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

Melanie Busbee said...

yes, this is much better than the breakfasts I eat. Do you have to heat up the crepes or are they served cold?

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs