Thursday, January 1, 2009

Rabbits rabbits rabbits

Did you remember to say it?

We did.

My holiday break was a nice, low-key one, exactly what I had hoped for. I enjoyed a lot of rich food, mostly sweets, and a lot of time with my loved ones. Though I'm happy to start a fresh new year, I look back and reflect (how can one not?) at 2008. In my 32 years alive, it was definitely the best and most eventful so far.

We bought a house and moved into a fantastic family and dog-oriented neighborhood with a huge park and a dog park.

I married the man of my dreams, barefoot, on a beautiful day on an empty beach in the presence of 3 friends.

I jumped out of a plane at 13,000 feet and got to free fall for 60 seconds and then enjoy a 10 minute parachute ride on a gorgeous day in May.

I got to spend a week alone with my new husband, swimming, and sipping tropical drinks in a pool while overlooking beautiful volcanic hills and ocean scenery in warm St. Lucia.

I watched the sea lions at Pier 39 for at least an hour and I ate fantastic fresh seafood with my oldest, bestest girlfriend.

Later, that September, I got to spend her 30th birthday with her and her new husband!

I became pregnant with our first child. I had no morning sickness and an easy, breezy first two trimesters.

On a sunny day in late June, I got to splash around with, and throw my squealing nieces and nephews in Lake Gaston.

I also got to jet ski!

Alongside my mother, I watched my sister win a gold medal in the Special Olympics for swimming.

I took my sister to her first concert.

I had dinner with my little brother in his first place (and boy, is it nice)!

I had the pleasure of tracking down and meeting two of my husbands oldest and dearest friends from when he was in the service, for his 30th birthday.

I got to watch my husband relive his youthful early 20s for 4 days :)

My family and friends had a healthy year, which as I get older, I've learned is a blessing in itself.

Though I had my share of flops , I enjoyed much success in my cooking and even learned that I like to bake a little too!

What more could a gal ask for, really?

I indeed found happy and I managed to keep it.

I wish everyone a great start to a truly happy new year.








Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Shelby said...

Great post! I am so glad you found happy :) Best wishes for even more happiness to come your way!

Malena said...

Unfortunately my first words were: "Don't you guys know it's still nighttime!!!!" It was before 6am and I was tired...

I love your post and I am so happy to see you back from your well deserved blog break!

Jeni said...

Thank you ladies! I missed the blog and all those I've met through blogging. It's good to be back. I wish you the best year possible!!!

Melissa said...

You did find happy. You know, I accepted your friend request on FoodBuzz and linked to you based on that... what I mean is, your smile just *shines* and looks like it reaches far beyond your eyes. Not everyone conveys that type of sincere joy.

Congratulations on a beautiful year!

P.S. Sea Lions! Hee!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs