Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pasta!

Last night for dinner I made a yummy parpadelle. I grilled some chicken breasts, some marinated portobellos and red onions on the grill (after wiping all the pollen off the grill of course hahaha). I chopped all that up, tossed it with some black olives, steamed broccoli, sundried tomatoes, roasted red pepper, some fresh basil and the pasta. Covered it all in a tomato cream sauce (courtesy of knorr). I made a quick cucumber salad to accompany. Turned out yummy!
I also made a repeat of my arugula salad from the other night with the remainder of my arugula from the farmer's market. The balsamic I made last night was much better with the addition of some water. It cut down on the acidity.
Tonight I think I'll be making some Mahi Mahi. I've never made it before, and truthfully didn't mean to buy it. I picked up the wrong package by mistake. I'll be searching for a recipe today to use as a starting point. I'll let you know what I come up with.

I started reading the Kite Runner last night. I'm told I'm reading it somewhat out of order with the companion book, A Thousand Splendid Suns. Anyways the first one was great and I got about 35 pages into this one last night and it's very good so far. Reading on the couch last night made me think of getting a hammock.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs