Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Swiss chard

This looked like a lot of veggies to me, but knowing what spinach does, I wasn't surprised at the finished product.


Well, I made the swiss chard pretty much following the recipe directions. Except with seasoning haha. I used more salt and pepper and also a little more cream. Oh and I roasted a red pepper and sliced that up and tossed it in at the end. Cooking the stems separate seemed like a good idea. All was perfectly cooked and very well seasoned. I served underneath a quarter of roasted rosemary chicken with a side of sauteed mushrooms, green beans and shallots tossed with lemon juice, goat cheese, fresh thyme and slivered almonds. Oh and a salad. I'm really trying to pump us full of veggies these days. The big huge bunch of swiss chard only made about 3 half cup servings. I stretched it and we both get to enjoy a smaller version of last night's dinner for lunch. Yum!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs